Saturday 21 May 2011

Changes

Last night,
I was a child, I had no cares or fears,
If I had a need, dad would solve it, If I had a worry, mum would think about.
Last night, school was too much a responsibility, having so many instructors was a disadvantage,
staying home and watching t.v was boring,
Last night, everything was bright and everyone was nice;
a boy was just a playmate with different body structure,
when I looked at a girl, all I was looking out for is a smile.
Last night, the only work I knew was homework, my job description was eat, read and sleep.
I woke up and noticed I'm a fully grown woman!
I have so many things to care about; how I look n how I'm percieved;
I'm driven by what I expect of myself and what my loved ones expect,
when I pass by school children, I long to be like them; I wouldn't even care about the horrible color combination of the uniform I'm made to wear.
Watching t.v is now a luxury of time, looking good is a professional ethic,
Conversations with my Creator is a life-line in the very sense of it,
One particular guy makes my heart skip each time I see or think about him,
Its Morning though, meaning I have a blank cheque to have the best life,
with every breathe I take, I can choose to Laugh, Love and Live!
...cos in the end, that's all that truly matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment